Growing in Grace... CGLC Women
It has been a true blessing to be part of this community for over 17 years. As a young mother, I had no idea the life-changing impact enrolling our first child in the Preschool program here would have on me, my husband Ed, and now all four Lamb children. Jesus continues to pursue our hearts and show us a variety of ways to honor and serve Him.
As recently as 5 years ago, if someone told me that I’d soon be on a team of ladies tasked with planning, organizing, and increasing the discipleship opportunities for the women of CGLCS, I would not have believed it. God tends to work that way, doesn’t He? By pulling us out of our comfort zones and empowering us through others He’s placed in our path, He blesses us; if we’ll allow it. I am truly grateful for the amazing women I have come to know and serve alongside on this journey.
With shared wisdom and encouragement from those who’d been serving ladies of our congregation for years, those who laid this beautiful foundation here, evolved a title: “Growing in Grace” Women’s Ministry. With the inspired words of Peter, we strive to bring women together to follow this command from 2 Peter 3:18 … “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
Our ministry focus has been to encourage ladies to step out of our age groups, social classes, interest groups, and comfort zones to unite and grow together with Jesus, into the Godly women He created us to be. By walking together through the struggles of this life, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, continually pointing us to Jesus, we strive for the understanding and application of biblical principles illustrated here in an excerpt from Pastor Todd Wagner:
- SEEK GOD FIRST: Reject the lie that anything or anyone else can satisfy you. See Matthew 6:33-34
- SPEAK FAITHFULLY: Love others with godly wisdom, boldness, and kindness as a faithful completer of others. See Proverbs 31:26
- SHOW TRUE BEAUTY: Bodies deteriorate, persons develop. Invest in that which lasts. See Proverbs 31:30
- STAY HUMBLE: Be constantly aware of pride and selfishness. Don’t think less of yourself but think of yourself less. See Philippians 2:3-5
- SERVE THE LORD: Set your mind on eternal things, serve the eternal King, live to please only Him. See Colossians 3:23
I pray that each and everyone of you feel the love of Jesus in your relationships with other women here at Christ’s Greenfield, so that we can stand stronger together, ready to love each other and the world around us; just as Jesus has called us to do.
New Bible Studies Starting in February:
“WINGS” Saturday Bible Study
Experience the deeper, more abundant life Jesus came to give you!
A Sample of Opportunities Include…
- Women’s Bible Studies - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Journey Sisters Partnerships
- Countless ways to Serve and Support other CGLCS Ministries
- LWML Monday Bible study, Mites for Missions Box Collection
- Journey Groups
- Ladies Lunch Bunch
- GiG’s Night Out
- MOPS Programs - Mothers of Preschoolers and Beyond
- Summer Retreat
- Annual Angel Luncheon
- Christmas by Candlelight
More in CGLCS Blog
May 17, 2018VLOG: Pastors Tim & Jake Discuss the New Series, Leadership & Sabbatical
May 14, 2018Oh The Places They'll Go!
May 8, 2018Who loves interruptions in their busy day?