Staffing Need: Part-Time (7 hours a week)
Primarily Reports to: Director of Christian Education
Secondary Reports to: Senior Pastor
Educate young people in the Christian faith through leading our Sunday morning educational hour for Preschool kids through 6th grade which is entitled Agape Kids. Participate in staff meetings and team ministries with DCE, Pastors and staff as well as leading, developing, equipping, and mentoring volunteers within the Sunday morning program.
- Communicate member of Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran Church
- Experience, passion and gift set for leadership in Children’s Ministry
- Solid in administrative abilities, educational knowledge about developmental needs for children of all ages. Education or administration background preferred.
- Experience in some capacity of teaching or leading within a VBS or Sunday school educational hour in a church setting.
- Display a spiritually mature and growing faith grounded in the Scriptures and Lutheran Confessions.
- Relate well with and show compassion to kids of all ages and their parents.
- Displays a life above reproach as a Christian servant leader.
- Attend a once a year training for Sunday School Directors off campus, with DCE.
- Have the spiritual gift of “administration.”
- Be present in worship weekly at one of our CGLC services.
- Background checked, and CPR or First Aid Certified.
- Recruit all Agape Kids teachers, leaders and student assistants
- Provide curriculum to all leaders in Agape Kids. DCE will help in curriculum choice.
- Weekly or bi-weekly meeting, as needed, with DCE in order to plan for upcoming events, pray, and grow in God’s Word.
- Schedule and help provide subs for Agape Kids teachers and leaders.
- Provide a minimum of quarterly training for Agape Kids teachers and leaders.
- Organize a training event for all Agape Kids volunteers to be 1st Aid or CPR Certified, as well as manage background checks for all leaders above the age of 18.
- Lead any special Agape Kids events such as Christmas or Easter programs, as desired, requested or needed.
- Be the main contact on Sunday mornings for all Sunday morning needs for Agape Kids (includes opening doors, closing doors, putting signs out, registration computers, etc), with the help of an assistant.
- Communicate well and appropriately through email, phone calls, etc, with all teachers, parents and staff about Agape Kids needs, schedules, wants and conflicts.
- Other duties as assigned or decided upon collectively with DCE and/or Pastor
Please email your resume to DCE Annie Tiberg.